Pantsed by a Pup - Another Story of Personal Embarrassment




At my age, I will freely admit that I’m not as hip as I once was. Nowadays if anyone refers to me and hip in the same the sentence,  it’s my chiropractor.  Especially when it comes to technology. That’s because I’m a Granddaddy, and that’s the law. So when my 8 year old granddaughter, Rilynne, started asking about making a TikTok video,  it could be a Timex commercial for all I knew. 

But I do know that when she stays with us, I give her a few chores. More like tasks, really. And today it involved helping me walk the dogs.  She’s a big help, because we have three pups: a Yorkie, and my two rescued strays, Reese and Roscoe. Walking these three canines with leashes makes me feel like I’m a puppeteer working a marionette.  Furthermore, when just I say the word “walk”, they explode in a series of excited yips, barks, spins, and jumps.  They get so out of control I can hardly hook them up. 

And unfortunately for me, today Rilynne invoked the “W Word” as I was walking out the bedroom door to get the leashes.  In an instant, a doggie free for all broke out  behind me.  That was to be expected.  What I didn’t expect was that in the ensuing fray, Reese excitedly jumped on me from behind, and with the skill you would normally see in a boy’s high school locker room, her  paws  pulled down my gym shorts and underwear.  Yep, I got pantsed by a pup.  Rilynne was exposed to a full moon.   

There was an immediate explosion of laughter from that little girls mouth.  It was loud, honest, and contagious.  What could I do but pull up my pants and laugh along?  

As the laughter subsided, Rilynne said,” Granddaddy, that would get a million, gazillion likes on TikTok.”

My wife replied from the bedroom, saying, “Don’t kid yourself Rilynne.  That wasn’t the first time your Granddaddy’s shown his butt to someone.”

Please like and share!

#fullmoon
#pantsing
#personalembarassment
#redeyeclub





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Aerobics - H2 Oh - No!

Joe Willie, Finebaum, And Me

Field of Screams